Entry Formalities For
FOREIGNERS AND INDIANS
Do's & Don’ts for the Visitors
- Foreigners, especially to ensure to and from confirmed air tickets and accommodation in advance before proceeding to the Andaman Island to avoid immigration problems.
- Foreign nationals should obtain the required permit from the immigration authorities soon after landing on the island at Airport/Harbour.
- Visit the permitted areas in the Islands
- Make use of the services of authorized tourist guides.
- While driving, follow the traffic rules, keep left. Carry legal documents like driving license, permit passport etc.
- Consult life guards before entering sea.
- Swim in safe area only.
- Keep the beaches and the environment clean.
- Dispose of the garbage at proper places/dustbins and avoid plastic.
- Observe decency and decorum in dress.
- Avail the service of Scuba Dive instructors having certification of international/professional organizations like PADI, CMAS, NAUI, BSAC AND SSI for safe diving experience.
- Drive the vehicles in accordance to convoy system. Same day return by ATR is not permissible accordingly to Jarawa Policy.
- On beach, parents are requested to keep an eye on your kids at all times.
- Please drink sufficient water to avoid dehydration.
- Please inform your location to the life guard.
- Please pick up your bags and bottle while leaving the visiting spot.
- Foreign national should not enter the islands without required permit.
- Do not enter into restricted / tribal areas.
- Do not take video, film or photographs inside Tribal Reserve areas of the indigenous tribes.
- Do not carry sea fans and seashells unless specific permits are obtained from Fisheries Department.
- Do not light fire in forest areas.
- Do not stay on the beaches or forest during nights by putting up down tents / hommocks.
- Nudity on beaches and public places is forbidden.
- Do not enter the National Parks without permission.